|Tentative Schedule of Events
|The Starting date of submission of online application
|The last date of submission of online application
||06-Oct- 2017 - Till 2:00 PM
|Tentative date of Interview
||10 & 11 Oct- 2017
SKILLS REQUIRED IN A CONTENT WRITER
A content writer is a creative professional who understands how the major search engines work and what people are searching for when they visit particular websites. Their job is to ensure that their clients’ content is relevant enough to create interest for consumers, plus answer any of their questions and possibly convert them into a customer. Content writers have a number of skills including:
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- A deep understanding of consumers and what motivates them online
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- Some experience with online marketing and lead generation
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
Additionally, content writers are passionate learners since they write about a variety of topics and types of businesses. Their ability to take complex information and turn it into easy-to-understand copy is an essential aspect of any project.
DUTIES OF A CONTENT WRITER
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned.
- Develop ideas derived from online/offline research and organize the same on paper or computer applications.
- Sort out workable ideas by a process of elimination and keep eliminated ideas stored for future reference.
- Write fresh content based on research and brainstorming by following instructions provided for each type of document.
- Develop engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience.
- Proofread content for errors or additions and ensure that content is written per instructions.
- Ensure that web page content is edited properly to increase on-screen readability.
- Think up titles for each piece of content keeping appropriateness in check.
- Copy, edit and proofread content created by other content writers to provide detailed feedback.
- Ensure that content contains sufficient keywords for search engine optimization.
- Manage user-generated content on social media sites.
- Manage the company’s social media presence.
- Write content for newspapers and magazines keeping in mind the general structure and sentiment of the readers.
- Develop prototypes and storyboards using a multitude of media creation and graphics editing tools.
- Rewrite, paraphrase or write content from scratch depending on specific instructions provided in the work order.
WORKING OF A CONTENT WRITER
Content writers work with their clients in order to determine how to bring the greatest possible benefit to potential readers. This requires thoughtful conversations between writers and their clients, plus extensive research to locate the best possible information. Being able to understand business models and the client’s overall goals are also important, so superior communication is always a necessity.
There are a number of different tasks that content writers tackle for their clients, including:
- Core website copy
- Blogs and news articles
- Social media posts
- Content for banners
- Product descriptions
- Case studies, whitepapers, and E-books
- Company bios
- Landing pages
Some content writers may handle more advanced tasks like preparing ad copy, technical writing, or explainer/video scripts. Others could have backgrounds in marketing, search optimization, journalism, business, or a number of other fields to make their services more comprehensive for their clients.
Application Form »